It is impossible to be successful in business without an active online presence. In today’s marketplace, all businesses and industries need to be active both on and offline to create better awareness of a brand. From using the right displays at events to creating an online strategy, there are ways you can grow awareness of your brand. These tips can help:
- All of your marketing materials have to work well with each other. Once you have worked out your brand messaging, you have to use that across all marketing platforms that you use. Consistency is king when it comes to brand management and growth You need all of your social media posts, letterhead, web content, press releases, instore or outdoor displays, and any other materials you use to promote your brand and your business need to have the same messaging.
- Make your website awesome. Your website is never really “done.” There are a few things that you need to do to optimize your website. Keep these ideas in mind:
- It needs to load quickly. It has been estimated that a person will give a website about three seconds to load. If it does not load in that time, they will go to another side for the same kind of information.
- Put in a lot of empty space. Forbes magazine has reported that companies that have a lot of “white space” can bring in 20% more than companies that do not do this.
- Keep it simple. Experts at any good web design company will tell you that simple digital design looks more professional than cluttered design.
- Make it look great on mobile devices. More people check out things on the internet from a mobile device. If your site looks bad on a mobile device or does not load well, you will lose out on a lot of business.
- Make sure your content is useful. Whether you are talking about your website, a blog, the press releases you send, the social media posts you put online, the more useful the content you create is, the more it will be looked at and shared. Your writing needs to be free of typos and be very well written. Some companies do not understand how damaging poorly written and unhelpful content can be.
- Be an active participant in across your social media platforms. The platforms you use may change given your goals but if you are going to use Facebook, Instagram, SnapChat, Twitter, or whatever new social media channel that grabs everyone’s attention tomorrow, you have to use them often. Many companies are finding success using their social media channels to provide customer service.
- Do not neglect traditional media sources. While many people love social media, there are still a lot of people who get their news from traditional news sources. Getting press releases out is more than just getting coverage for a new product, service, or event. This can be a way to get your brand’s name in front of more people.
- Put up billboards, signs, and displays. If you have a brick and mortar business, having attractive displays outside your business you can get more people inside your door. Even electronics giant, Best Buy, says that their large and iconic, yellow signs are the reason 17% of shoppers are enticed into their stores. If you are trying to get people into your business, this is a good way to do it. By using the same messaging you use on your online marketing, these displays can help your online efforts.
- Use video. If you leave responses to other people’s or company’s videos, you should make them video responses. Use video on your social media channels, your electronic press releases, on your website, and everywhere else. A video is easy to make these days so the barriers to putting up great video have been removed.
When you are talking about promoting your brand online, you have a lot of competition to contend with. Moreover, the best way to get your word out changes all of the time. In order to be successful, you have to test and tweak your plans for marketing your brand all of the time.