You have seen more Bobcats this winter than ever before. The fact that the weather stations are reporting that this has been one of the snowiest February’s in the last 60 years is the reason. With snows occurring nearly every day the last week it has been nearly impossible to keep the driveway and the sidewalks cleared. The Bobcats have been trying to keep the path through the park clear. Runners, walkers, and pet owners are more than eager to make sure that they are able to get out when ever it is possible.
The city pays local contractors to make sure that the Bobcats are used at least once a week to keep the park as user friendly as possible. As a result of all the snow, there are a number of contractors, and service companies that are busier than normal. In fact, the number of Bobcat final drive travel motors that have been is for service is as high as it has been all year.
Excavator Drive Motors and Other Machines and Engines Need Constant Maintenance
When winter arrives there are a number of engines on snowblowers, Bobcats, and various kinds of excavation machines get more work than many other times in the year. Did you know, for instance, that final drive gear oil should be changed at least once a year? Consider some of these other facts and figures about engine maintenance and the effect that these repairs have on the economy of the nation:
- The revenue of machinery maintenance and heavy equipment repair services in the U.S. in 2009 totaled nearly $29 billion.
- Final drive gear oil should be checked every 100 hours of operation or once a month, whichever happens first.
- Excavators can reach max digging depths of approximately 32 feet.
- Compact excavators, mid-size excavators, and large excavators are the three sizes that excavators come in.
- The number of jobs in the construction equipment operation industry in 2016 was approximately 426,000.
- Between 2016 and 2026, the construction equipment industry is expected to grow 12%
Excavator drive motors and other kinds of engines and machines always run more effectively if they are properly maintained and regularly serviced. As part of the final drive, the reliability of a travel motor will determine the effectiveness of an entire machine.