People do not think about it very much but offices are very dirty places. It has been estimated that there are more than 25,000 germs per square inch on most office phones. Office chairs, keyboards and computer mice can be the home to more than 21,000 germs per square inch. Nearly 10 million bacteria can live on a typical office desk in the United States. One way to deal with this is to hire the right open office cleaning services company to get your office as clean as it can be. Finding the right company to handle the cleaning for your office does not have to be hard. Here are some tips to making that process go smoother.
How to Choose the Right Cleaning Company:
- Talk to other business owners you know. The best way to get decent quality products or services is always going to be to get a personal recommendation from someone you know and trust. Ask around and ask how the people you know found their open office cleaning services company and what they thought of working with them. Ask them what they pay for their professional cleaning service and if they have any recommendations for making the experience better.
- Talk to several companies in your area. When you are considering hiring one open office cleaning services company or another, it is always a good idea to get at least three quotes. You need to go with a commercial cleaning service that is willing to send someone out to your office to look it over before they give you a quote. Do not hire a company that will just give you a quote without taking this step. Typically, office cleaning companies will mop, clean, dust, vacuum and handle the sanitization of the bathrooms. Ask about carpet cleaning services, they may be included but often they are not.
- Look for a commercial cleaning service that has a lot of experience. It is good to have an open office cleaning services company that has been in business for at least a few years. There are a few reasons for this. In the first place, you know they have a system that is well established. You also know that they have a track record of success in your community. This means they are not a fly by night operation that may go out of business at any time. Ask them if you can talk to current or former customers.
- Find out how they manage their staff. How do they find their staff? Do they provide training? Do they conduct background checks? What is the staff turn over rate like? Ideally, you will hire an open office cleaning services company that has staff that are happy enough to stay for a long time. They should be provided with training, unless they are already experienced and should have to undergo criminal background checks. You need to be able to trust the employees of the cleaning company. Often commercial cleaning company will come to clean after hours when no one is in the office space so you need to know the people cleaning your space can be trusted.
- Make sure they have the right licenses and insurance. Reputable companies will have the appropriate licenses and insurance. You need to make sure they have the right insurance so if anyone is injured while working on your office you will not be liable for them. You should ask the company for proof of this but you should also verify anything they tell you.
Keeping your office clean for your employees will also help your bottom line. When employees take a lot of sick leave, it can have a direct impact on your bottom line. Keeping an office as clean as possible can cut down on the amount of time workers call in sick. The flu is one illness that can be reduced by better cleaning practices. The flu virus can live for up to two days on a hard surface. When you work with the right open office cleaning services company, you can nip that problem in the bud and have a healthier and happier workforce.