Not all transitions in life are easy. From the spilt of a business that a group of people have owned to the larger implications of international disputes, the advice and work of a stand-by mediation team can help you reach a faster and more equitable end. Bankruptcy cases, as well as employment law and environmental law, can also require stand-by mediation. If you find yourself in need of mediation or arbitration services, it is important to check references and find the legal team that has the most experience in the specific area where you need help.
Consider some of these situations when legal mediation might be in your best interest:
- Too many times people come out of a legal dispute finding that they should have been better represented. In many cases, a stand-by mediation team is the solution.
- Asking the right questions can help you find the attorney who has the most significant experience in the help that you need. Finding an environmental attorney, for instance, might be the most logical choice for the more than 40% of Americans who are worried about outdoor and indoor air quality, carbon emissions, particulate matter, tropospheric ozone, sulfur oxides, volatile organic compounds, radon, methane emissions, and refrigerants.
- Keeping in mind that as many as 33% of all counties in the lower 48 states will face higher risks of water shortages by 2050 as a result of global warming, it is likely that the need for environmental law will continue to grow.
- In the year 1962, 11.5% of federal civil cases went to trial. Today, thanks in part to successful mediation, most experts say that the percentage of civil cases actually reaching trial in the Federal courts is estimated to be only 1%.
- No bankruptcy is without stress, but the fact that stand-by mediation is an option for some clients can mean that the stress can be limited. For instance, nearly 90% of all Chapter 11 debtors have less than $10 million in annual revenues, less than $10 million in assets or liabilities, and 50 or fewer employees.
- Giving the details of any situation to a legal team can allow you to find out how that group of attorneys may be able to help you.
- Saving lives through the elimination of pollution is the goal of some environmental activists. Some people believe, for instance, that America could save approximately 5,000 lives a year and prevent thousands of cases of respiratory and heart disease by reducing industrial plant toxic air pollution.
- Instead of hoping for the best it is important to make sure that you do your research if you are involved in any legal dispute.
- Disagreements can seem small at first, but when you get caught in the middle of a legal dispute you often wish that you had a lawyer to turn to for advice.
- Establishing the fact that the attorney you are looking for has sat counsel on numerous jury trials, presided over hundreds of patent cases, mediated dozens of claim construction hearings can let you know that you have found an .
- Sitting through the legal process without the proper representation can be unnerving. Consider the help of a stand-by mediator so that you can get the advice that you need.