As the expected Powerball payout reaches $1 billion for the first time in history, lottery ticket buyers across the country are hoping for a minute chance of striking it rich in the year 2016. As the nations across the world watch China shut down their stock trading days a mere two hours into the process, gold bullion buyers see their tangible investment as a wise choice.
Whether you are a lottery playing dreamer or a world stock market observer, financial experts offer advice about the value of being an investor who makes the decision to buy gold bullion. If the precious metal market is new to you, it might be wise to familiarize yourself with the following terms and facts:
- Like stocks, bonds, and property acquisition, making the decision to buy gold bullion or other precious metals is an investment. No broker or financial adviser can guarantee the success of any investment.
- Because different kinds of investments react differently to different kinds of economic changes, many financial advisers suggest keeping a diversified portfolio. It would be unwise, for example, to place all of your assets in a single type of investment, like buying silver and gold or the purchasing publicly traded stocks.
- The U.S. Treasury circulates or deposits over $7.6 trillion gold a year.
- Gold is available in minted bars and cast bars.
- Gold is still being mined in America. In the year 2014, for example, the mined amount was 211 tons.
- While some people store their gold in locked vaults in saving institutions around the world, some investors keep their gold in their own personal vaults.
- Precious metals coins, as well as gold bullion, can be purchased online and traded internationally.
- Some institutional gold dealers and refiners offer buyers the option of taking personal possession of their precious metal investment as well as the opportunity to store their metals in the institution’s fully insured vaults, which are located around the world.
How diverse is your portfolio? Do you feel confident in your current investment strategy, or are you ready to invest in a precious metal like gold or silver? Precious metals that have, in fact, been part of the wealth of kings, nations, and individuals for centuries.
Rather than waiting for the ridiculously small chance of winning part of the $1 billion lottery payout or worrying about the financial state of markets in China, doesn’t it make sense to instead invest in a historic and and proven metal? Making the decision to buy gold bullion can give you a tangible asset that can help you feel in control of your financial future.